Maurice Neil RFD KC
Telephone: 02 8815 9370
Fax: 02 8815 9303
Admitted as Barrister: 1971
Appointed Queen’s Counsel: 1985
- Commercial Law
- Common Law
- Criminal Law
- Dust Diseases
- Land & Environment
- Property Litigation
He is a specialist advocate who has appeared in numerous cases in common law, equity, defamation, land and environment, personal injury, Commissions of Inquiry, mediations and in various appellate matters.
He has appeared in Australian Courts and Tribunals and also in Singapore and the Privy Council in England.
He also acts as Mediator and is a Bar Association accredited ADR Arbitrator. He is also a Dust Disease Contributions Assessor.
He is a former Supreme Court Arbitrator and former member of the Federal Parliament.
- Grant v YYH Holdings Pty Ltd – Court of Appeal (NSW)  NSWCA 360 (9/11/12) (Conversion – detinue – progeny of livestock – limitations)
- State of NSW v Beck, Commissioner of Police v Beck  NSWCA 430 (Malicious prosecution – administrative law)
- Chand v CBAs.145/2015 (HC) 1.12.15,  NSWCA 181 (contract, damages)
- Naaman v Sleiman NSWCA259 (contract, corporations)
- Mosman Municipal Council v Spice NSWLEC (prosecution – vicarious liability)
- NSW (NSW Police) ats LoweSC 7/3/16 (negligence, psychiatric injury)
- Estate Judd v McNight & Ors (No 4)  NSWSC 1489 (5/10/18) (Personal Injury – claims against estate)
- IAG (NRMA) v Yu – Supreme Court of NSW  NSWSC 400 (12/4/19) (Administrative Law – Judicial Review)
- Salih v Emirates – Court of Appeal (NSW)  NSWCA 215 (10/9/20) (Accident on air flight – Montreal Convention)
- Craig v Toll Pty Limited – Supreme Court of NSW  NSWSC 651 (3/6/21) (Judgement – set off against costs orders)
- R v Macdonald, E and M Obeid – Supreme Court of NSW (No 17)  NSWSC 858 (19/7/21) (Mining Law, conspiracy)
- Mattock v State of NSW (Dept of Education (No2) – Supreme Court of NSW  NSWSC 1045 (19/8/21) (Tort – school sport – Civil Liability Act)
ICAC into political donations, Orange Grove, Burwood, Ryde and Canterbury Councils, conduct of an MP and Royal Commission into Institutional Responses.